Health & Social Care Level 2 Vocational
Welcome to Level 2 Health and Social Care. Throughout your course you will complete placement in a Health and Social Care setting of your choice.
The purpose of this project is for you to start thinking about what part of the Health and Social Care sector interests you and to find out what settings are in your local area.
Deadline: Please bring your completed work with you to enrolment day & submit to a member of the HSC Team. The Placement Lecturer will then discuss your findings with you.
What you need to do
Research six possible HSC placements you might like to visit. Not schools or nurseries.
- Care Homes
- Day centres
- Health centres
The list is endless!
Please find out the following:
- The name and type of the setting
- Age group of the service users
- Location/address/phone number and email address
- Staff who work there – job title & Manager’s name & contact details
- Pick 1 job role and write down their roles and responsibilities
- What are the needs of the service users?
Product an information booklet which includes this information, make it informative and clearly presented.
You will be completing units including: Human body systems, caring for others and healthy living, to name a few. You can complete come prior reading/research before the course starts ie;
Healthy Eating https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/eat-well/the-eatwell-guide/