Digital Music Production Level 2 Vocational
Welcome to students who will be taking Digital Music Production at College next year.
Whether you will be taking Level 2 or Level 3, you will find that the following exercises will be excellent preparation:-
1. Write a report outlining your musical history.
Within the report, answer the following questions.
- What is your first musical memory?
- In your family and cultural background, what role did music play?
- How has your musical taste changed over the years?
- Who or what were responsible for major changes in your musical taste?
- What is your favourite genre?
- Who are your favourite musicians or producers?
- What is it that you like about their music?
2. Improve your understanding of music theory.
It’s equally possible that you are a very experienced musician or a complete beginner when it comes to music theory.
Wherever your skills are, it will help you on the course if you have a good grasp of basic music theory.
This video will either be very simple or quite difficult depending on your skill set but if you have no understanding at all, it will go over some basics.
If you need any advice on what else you could do to prepare, then please contact us