A Level Drama
Welcome to A-Level Drama
The A-Level Drama programme is a demanding two-year course, which requires a high level of commitment and enthusiasm from students. Before the A-Level Drama syllabus officially begins, we are going to introduce you to the type of work that is expected of you on the course and you will take part in a rigorous induction. This will give you a flavor of the subject and the expectations we have of our students.
To prepare for this induction, we invite you to write a 500 word report about yourself, highlighting your skills, experience, knowledge and suitability for our course. The report should be word-processed and cover the following points: –
- Why you have chosen to study A-Level Drama?
- What experience you already have in Drama. (E.g. what roles have you played/ performances have you been a part of – you could refer to amateur or educational experiences)
- What Acting, Interpersonal and Performance skills you have gained from such experiences?
- What you think are your key strengths and areas for development and why?
- Who and/ or what has inspired you as performer and why? (E.g. you could refer to a favourite Play, Playwright, Theatre Practitioner, Actor or Genre of Theatre). Provide research on your chosen topic – we want to know the key features/facts about your inspiration!
- What you are hoping to learn over the next two years and where you want this course to take you.
Please bring this with you to your first lesson at college